Here is a delicious and savory – Portobello Burger – for lunch or dinner that gonna make you so happy with zero guilt.
Portobello mushrooms are a nutritional powerhouse. They are extremely healthy and a great substitute to meat.
Portobello is packed with antioxidants, fiber, potassium, sodium, iron and much more and also has a juicy delicious flavor.
Here is another few reasons why you will benefit from Portobello mushrooms: they boost our immune system, decrease risk of breast cancer and help prevent heart disease.
Ready to dive in into this easy to make recipe?
Let`s get started!
Here is what you will need, lunch for 2:
2 Portobello mushrooms
1/2 Tomato – sliced into circles
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 orange bell pepper slices
3 tsp agave or maple syrup
2 Buns ( I personalty prefer gluten free – much easier to our body to digest)
pinch of sea or pink Himalayan salt
To garnish – lutes or kale (or any other greens), organic ketchup, pickles, and Dijon mustard.
How to make it:
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
– Drizzle the olive oil and salt on the portobello mushrooms
– Dip the portobellos in the agave or maple syrup
– Place the portobellos on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 min
– Than add the tomato slices and bell pepper on top of the portobello and bake for another 15 min
– Toast the buns in the over for 3-5 min
– Remove everything from the oven and assemble the burger, garnishing with kale, pickles, ketchup and mustard.
So simple & easy & so delicious!